Belated Halloween that is! Yes, I know it is now almost Thanksgiving but, like I said, I've been a Major Slacker and have been needing to post for quite some time, and, well, I just can't not post Anso's 1st Halloween! Halloween is FUN again-you know, now that we have a kid, the excitement of the holiday comes alive in a whole new light! We get to dress her up (even though it wasn't what we really wanted her to be-our moms threw a fit when we told them we found the CUTEST Whoopie Cushion costume! haha), we can all dress up so that we "go together" (even though we were lame and didn't do it b/c we weren't really going anywhere anyway) and, well, Trick-or-Treating of course, however we'll start that up next year probably! Anyway, it really was a fun day, but I bet next year will be better! ;)
We started celebrating the season with a trip to a Pumpkin Patch w/ my Mom and little brothers, Shane and Dylan. There were some great photo opps in the hay amongst all the pumpkins. So here's our Fall Family shot...
(If anyone could help me out and teach me how to turn the pictures I would greatly appreciate it-thanks!)
This is Anso's Pre-Halloween outfit her Aunt Lizzie got for her-it was so cute, I had to put her in it as much as possible! Of course not always sporting the kitty ears, though :)
Our little Ansofie was a Tulip Fairy. Basically, it was a hot pink tulip upside-down cause her headband had a stem on top and there was a green leaf base around her collar, plus she had wings and some adorable green curl toe shoes. It was a really cute costume, but just a little big on her. So, like I said was saying, Matt & I were pretty lame and didn't dress up cause we didn't have BIG plans. But what could we have been to match her? I told Matt it would have been AWESOME to see him dress as a Fairy in tights and a tutu with wings-haha :) Oh well, maybe next year! Here is our weak attempt.
Now this is what I'm talking about-dressing up so you "go together" with your child. Matt's brother, Jed & his wife, Gwen ALWAYS match Riley's costume (well, for all 3 Halloween's of his life so far at least). Last year he wanted to be the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland and he wanted his mommy to be Alice and his dad to be The Door (remember the talking door Alice had to go through?) Anyway, Gwen found her and Riley's costumes and made Jed's-it was hilarious! This year he wanted to be Buzz Lightyear, so his dad was Woody and his mom, Jessie of course. Gwen totally made her and Jed's costumes-and they were SOOOOOO GOOD!!! Check them out...
I guess this picture doesn't really do them justice. It's hard to see the detail. She totally drew the stripes on Jed's shirt and even put a pull string in his back! And her hair is a wig of red yarn with a braid in the back-yep, she made! So CUTE!!! She is really talented!
Ok, I have one last picture I just have to include. It isn't really Halloweenie, but it's SCAREY, so it goes along with the holiday! It's my brother, Shane's, new Hair-Do, or should I say, Hair-DON'T?!!!!
HAHAHA I LOVE this picture cause it seems like Anso is wondering the question we all are..."What was he thinking???" hahaha
Well, I hope you're neck isn't kinked from looking at all our sideways pictures! Seriously, if ANYONE has some tips..."for the LOVE"!!!

2 comments:
Heres your love...You have to turn the pics on your computer and save them right-side up before you upload them to the blog. Call me, I'll help you out!
Please let me help you out Chelsie!
I was going to write exactly what Sherri said, but I just read it and now I don't have to....Thanks Sherri!
Post a Comment