Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fun With Pop-Pop and Charlie

The 1st Saturday of every month, my Pop (who is Pres. of the Palm Springs Cruisin' Association) pretty much single-handedly puts on a Car Show in Palm Springs. They get about 100 Old Hot Rods, Corvettes, Fire Engines, Muscle Cars, whatever, that come out each time so its a substantial Show. There are vendors, Raffles (money and prizes), Music (sometimes Live), a Coloring Contest for the kids and at the end they give awards to the owners of the cars who win specific categories. All the while my Dad is on the microphone, MCing and making sure everyone is having a good time. We decided to go to this month's show to support Pop and get in some quality Family time. Oh, I forgot to mention, my Dad has a 55 Chevy-it's got all its original parts-pretty cool! We thought we'd take some pics of Anso behind the wheel. She LOVED it of course! I wish I had a better picture of the whole car-you can kinda get an idea of what it looks like at least. My Dad got her the shirt she's wearing-it says "Grandpa's Little Sweet Rodder" (for STreet Rods, in case you didn't know)
Ansofie loves her Pop-Pop! :)
We always have a Fun time when we go out to the Desert. Too bad it's so incredibly HOT or else we might move back there! Anyway...my parents have a Bassett Hound named Charlie and we thought Anso might be scared of him but it was actually quite the opposite! She chased after him (I mean crawled) everywhere he went, tugging at his big, floppy ears and his quick, wagging tail. She had a BLAST-it's pretty funny cause when she's excited she flaps her arms like she's gonna fly away!
I felt so bad for Charlie-he was such a good sport though. I know he liked the attention at first but, then he finally had had enough! He didn't come around our little Monkey too much more after that!!

1 comment:

Arah Debra said...

Now that is one patient dog. That was really cute to watch.