Friday, August 15, 2008
Happy Pioneer Day to Us!!!
We knew it was Good Karma when we were set to come film Family Fued on July 24th-Pioneer Day!!! We had the most AMAZING experience that day. We arrived at the Studio in Hollywood for our 9:25 check-in all "spiffied out" in our coordinating purples. There were about 7 other families. They had us each come on stage to play a "mock game" where we had to tell something about ourselves and be SUPER EXCTED-basically to see how we looked on camera. We were chosen to be the first family to compete against the champions from last time. It was a family of all black women and somehow, by the skin of our teeth, WE BEAT THEM!!! Then we played Fast Money, and...sorry, they say we can't reveal how we did! If you win, you can come back up to 5 times. Our air date is Sept 22nd which is a Monday and, well, let's just say we will be on EVERY DAY THAT WEEK!!! :) That day was definitely "OUR DAY"! There was no stopping us! I feel so bad for some of the families that came all the way down and didn't get to be on that day (they get to come back though)! So, you'll have to watch to see just how INCREDIBLE our day was!!! We feel so blessed-SOMEONE was definitely watching out for us!
This is our Silly, Super-Cheesy Pose! I hope I don't look like too much of a DORK on National Television!! HA HA
Mary Ann (my mother-in-law) was our Lead person-she signed us up for this! And that is Matt's brother, Jed and his wife, Gwen.
They put us at the same table we had for Auditions-another stroke of Good Karma!!!
OH MY GOSH-we were all SOOOO NERVOUS!!! I went to the bathroom 5 times before we actually got started around noon! HA HA
When we first walked out onto the set, it was SO CRAZY how SMALL it was-the camera angles and lighting trick us into thinking it's so big and there are so many people in the audience. There were so few seats that they actually changed out the audience members 3 times! They were people outside waiting in line to come watch! And then one back section were all the Families competing! John O'Hurley (the Host-Pederman, Elaine's boss on Seinfeld) was really nice! He wears a girdle-haha! Everyone that worked on the set was SOOO NICE-they all were truly rooting for us!! They definitely made that day so wonderful for us...and, of course, so did winning some money! Oops, wait, I mean, you'll just have to watch to find out!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't wait to see. Don't forget to remind us. Will you e-mail me the pics you took while you were at my house? It was so great to see you guys!
Crazy! I'll bet you LOVED that. I'll be watching!
Post a Comment