I don't know if you heard the tragic story of the Olympic Coach whose In-laws were attacked and brutally stabbed multiple times by some CRAZY Chinese man? This was Rich's Coach! And this happened right after the Opening Ceremonies, while they were sight-seeing-and his wife witnessed the whole thing!! The dad died and the mom was in critical condition. She is now doing better, but, what a horrific thing to happen during such a thrilling time & event. So sad.
Well, the guys had been practicing for 4 years-they came to win the Gold, and that's exactly what they did! It was AMAZING!! And so emotional for everyone!!! Matt's bro, Jed, & his wife, Gwen, went to Beijing with some of her family to support Rich. They had the most incredible time! They had an Open House for Rich last week, so we went to see him & his Gold medal! It was sooo AWESOME! It has white Jade on the back-so pretty! And that sucker's heavy! Since being home, he has been on Oprah and the Bonnie Hunt show. There are lots of other perks that come along with winning Gold as well-of course!!

1 comment:
How great! I feel like he came over to our place once in Provo? Am I crazy? I have the worst memory!
Post a Comment